Current & Recent Issues
Cross St carpark
Council endorsement and public exhibition of the revised Double Bay strategic planning and design strategy to confirm existing height and bulk limits for new developments. Read submission.
- Sydney Eastern City Planning Panel’s refusal to hear residents’ objections before approving a six-storey development on the corner of Transvaal Avenue and Cross Street. Read submission. Read letter to minister.
- 53 Cross Street: six-storey development refused by the Woollahra Local Planning Panel (WLPP) and now referred to the Land & Environment Court by the developer. Read submission.
- 21,23-25 and 27 Bay Street: monolithic five-storey retail and office development with three levels of parking accessed from Gumtree Lane refused by the WLPP and referred to the Land & Environment Court by the developer. Read submission.
- 2A Cooper Street: two-storey office addition to this heritage-listed building refused by the WLPP and referred to the Land &environment Court by the developer. Read submission.
- 351-353 New South Head Road: Land & Environment Court hearing on proposed development threatening views and heritage garden. Read submission.
- Designation of more heritage conservation areas in Double Bay. Read submission to NSW Government review of Heritage Act.
Safety and traffic issues